- Anti-Microbial Action
Propolis has a wide range of antibacterial properties. It is also has anti-fungal and anti-viral powers. In one animal study, applying a propolis solution to wounds helped speed healing in diabetic rats.
In children, propolis has been found to:
- Help respiratory tract infections
- Assist in relieving and acquiring common cold
- Aids in Healing Burns
3. Aids in Preventing Dental Cavities
Greek and Roman physicians used propolis as mouth disinfectant. Modern studies show it may be effective in the treatment of periodontitis and gingivitis.
- Can assist in Treating Parasites
- Assist in Wart Removal
6. Assisting treatment for Genital Herpes
Propolis can be effective in treating genital herpes